Former ‘Jenifa’s Diary’ star, Toyo Baby talks sexual abuse, torment during her childhood


 

Nollywood actress, Juliana Olayede has revealed that she was sexually abused as a young girl.

The actress, known for her role as Toyo Baby in Jenifa’s Diary, has also made her debut as an author with a book titled The Rebirth.

Her book chronicles her struggles as a girl child among other aspects of her life.

In a lengthy Instagram post, she wrote:

I am finally naked, but unashamed, you have been asking me what rebirth is, Now you know, I have been counting down for months.

I fought the Idea when it was suggested, I did not want to spill my beans for the world to read.

Social Media celebrity attacks are vicious enough already, why add more fuel to the fire?

I shared very personal details, hawking on the streets, suffering sexual abuses, dropping out of school, failing at auditions and more.

Toyo Baby also revealed she was once a beggar, saying, ‘I cried a lot while writing this. I also smiled and laughed, it is my utmost desire that reading rebirth would be a major turning point in your life.

‘If Juliana Olayede, once a beggar on the streets, could become the celebrated figure she is today, you have no excuse to settle for anything short of greatness.’

The post Former ‘Jenifa’s Diary’ star, Toyo Baby talks sexual abuse, torment during her childhood appeared first on Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games.

NT

Comments

Popular Posts